How to Apply Oils on Your Dermis
Oils can be a key component in your daily skin care regimen. Read all about these tips on how to include facial and body oils in your regular skincare routine.
How to Apply Oil
One of the great things about oils is that a little really does go a long way. If you've never used oils before, it is recommended that you try them on your body first and if you like it, you can use a few drops on your face.
Here are a few popular uses for oils:
- As a serum after cleansing. Add a drop or 2 to skin after cleansing and just before moisturizing. It's best to apply to still damp skin.
- In your everyday moisturizer. For those of you not sure about using the oil straight on skin, try mixing a few drops into your moisturizer.
- Use oil cleansers instead of cream cleansers.
- Over makeup for a dewy look. Many oils soak in brilliantly without leaving an oily feel to your skin like coconut oil and other oils, so it's great to dot onto cheeks and forehead over makeup to perk up skin after a day in the office.
- During your shower. Rub it onto your scalp to help fix scalp issues.
- In your bath. Add a few drops to your bath to soften skin.
- For your body, a little goes a long way. Apply a dime-sized amount to damp skin and massage it in. Allow the oils to soak in for a couple minutes. If you have extra, either rinse it off or pat skin dry with a towel.
- For your face, in the morning massage 2-3 drops of the oil into your skin. After a few minutes you can then apply sunscreen or foundation. You want to ensure the oil is soaked in before applying sunscreen.